Friday, September 10, 2010

Fun at Nine Corners

A few days ago I finally took the trip down to nine corners lake, and when I first crossed the rock dam and saw all the boulders I was real pumped. I started out on the Lookout Boulder. Even though Andrugen was only a one move problem pretty much, it was still nice. I liked everything else on this side of the boulder too, definitely a good place to warm up.

Next I had to get on some of the stuff at the Wall Boulder. I really liked "Long Live Legos", and Thorazine is an awesome project I hope to get someday. The rock right here on these first few boulders is really nice and solid, I liked it a lot.


After getting owned on thorazine I thought I'd trek back to the cave wall way in the back, and I'm really glad I did. The nice overhang is a fun change of pace from the usual stuff I've been projecting up in mckenzie pond and the likes. I really liked "chillin'", which is right in the middle of the boulder. "Nippin' out" is another good one on the left arete if you don't have to kill yourself to right the third hold like I did. And even though I didn't get it, "psychosomatic" looks and felt like a super nice problem. So far this one is my favorite boulder there. Today I am headed back there for my last adirondack climb of the season before I head south. It's sad to leave this place, but there's always next summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment